Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sunday's thoughts

Woke up today at the grand old time of 11.15amm, after a great Saturday night. Loved the gig and afterwards, loved visiting my heart's passion; drinking wine, discussing, giggling, being silly and listening to music - a beautiful end to a fun night.
I felt rather tired on waking and looked around my messy bedroom. It's so messy! I keep on reminding myself that I need to clean it. It didn't happen.
Instead, I lay in bed until 12.30pm and went about my lazy Sunday business, chilling, listening to music, tidying downstairs somewhat.
Sunday late afternoon, a friend nipped to see me and invited me to see a 'folky' type gig in a local pub. I ummed and ahhed for a while, as I felt a little hungover but then thought to myself, why not?
So, I met my friend in the pub and sat and listened to a pretty cool and ambienty folk band consisting of Acoustic guitar, Mandolin, Bass Guitar, keyboard, Saxophone, Lead Guitar and female/male harmony vocals. The sound of sax really added something special to this music...although my friend and I concluded that 'tom tom' drums would have added a little more specialness and rhythm to the music.
I drank quite a few glasses of Baileys and felt like I was winding up towards a chilled Xmas.
We left the pub and I said my farewells to my friend and cycled home whilst the wind blew through my hair and refreshed my warm, glowing, contented skin.
What a delightful weekend..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a better time... Hope you're doing well!! :)