Saturday, December 23, 2006

New Year's Excitement

Well after a great time last night and plans being made for New Year's Eve, I'm getting excited. Last night was great. I went to see some local bands play, who were both pretty good musically. After the gigs, I got talking to some of my friend Liza's mates.
In particular, I had an interesting conversation with a musician guy who, like me, has also this year, untied the binds of a long term relationship. It was interesting and indeed, enlightening to share our thoughts about relatioship issues and the difficulties arising from being in 'unfulfilling' relationships. We both had to live with our partners for a while due to financial constraints, even though we weren't still 'in the relationship'.
Also, we both agreed that it can be a real pain, when only one person in a relationship, foots all of the responsibiltuies. We both agreed that we were glad to be out of our respective relationships. The worst for him though is, he plays with his ex in a band which is the source of his income and means that he has to see his ex on a 3 times a week basis, which he says, is a 'pain in the arse' because he'd rather not really have any contact now. My oh my, the complicated situations us humans carve out for ourselves at times, eh?
The music being played last night was good too. A miox of old soul, psychaedelia and 60s classics. Gave me a right urge to dance and have fun. Out of the drunkeness and fun, gave light to my group of friends wishes for New Year's Eve. It's been decided that we're going to hit a pub for a while, as it's free to get in and cheap to drink there. We may head to a private party for some time but we're also hoping to head on down to a Warehouse party after 2am for the rest of the celebrations. A good few of my close mates are going to be out with me so I'm really looking forward to spending the New Year with them.
This also means, that I'm going to be out for the first time in years, on a New Year's Eve, on a proper 'partying' level and I'm excited!
My ex is with my son on this night which means I have the whole day/night to please myself.

So folks here's to a wonderful Xmas out there and an exciting New Year 2007!

No comments: