Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Love Action?

I've recently bought season 5, box set of Six Feet Under. Tonight I watched episode 6. It was pretty sad because the death in this series, was of one of Aunt Sarah's best friends Fiona, who was also Nate's first love and who deflowered him! He met her when he was 15 years old and she, 32years..her love, as he described it, made him 'see' all of her, whereas before that, he'd never 'seen' any of the girls he'd fumbled around with.

What struck a chord for me, was when he said that love isn't about what you feel, but what you do. This seems odd but it wasn't meant in an odd way; By this he meant that love makes you do things you wouldn't already do - he used to write her (Fiona) letters, poems and the like - she touched his heart deeply and he really loved her..But, what he did say was that you can't waste your time giving your love to someone who doesn't want it, when someone else could find you and be giving it to you..

I guess what I always think, is that actions do speak louder than words and always have done I guess.

Six Feet Under for me, is like a breath of grounding fresh air, that should be part of everyone's viewing!

1 comment:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Yer gettin' the idea aren't yer? Good stuff