Sunday, April 29, 2007

Me and my manic tendencies returning

I've always had a bit of a 'manic' streak in me, which in many ways has manifested in impulsivity and throwing caution to the wind.
Anyway, part of this weekend ended up with my manic mood returning.I've had a hard week, as my previous post stated and this all poured out on Friday night as I sat and watched a few episodes of Six Feet Under..I wept myself to sleep!
Anyway Saturday morning, my mood started to lift somewhat when I decided to get proactive with the household chores that needed doing. As I sat at my pc sorting some bits I needed to sort out, I had a massive urge to pull up my old bedroom carpet;it's old, dusty, ugly and everytime I look at it, I feel a huge sense of nausea! So pull it up I did.
Now this was no easy feat - you have to realise that furniture was left somewhat in it's place whilst I pulled the carpet up. I actually cut it up in 4 quarters and then literally pulled it from under the furniture! By Christ was this hard work but the tugging and pulling and panting and sweating, worked wonders on my weary brow!
I now have carpetless, wooden flooring - I like it, but I need to sand the boards for them to look better..
I then spoke to a friend on Sunday and the conversation with her made me decide to book a weekend away in Edale again, in a few weeks time, youth hostelling and walking..I can't afford it, as I'm VERY broke right now but fuck it, I'm going to walk and get off on the beauty that surrounds me, when I'm there.
I calmed down last night when Shane Meadows reminded me about the simple things in life via his films. I enjoyed the South Bank Show interview with him and Melvyn Bragg. I love the fact that Shane Meadows is SO down to earth and hardly ever uses 'big named actors'. This to me makes me respect this man even more and indeed, this act of authenticity keeps his films fresh and indeed gives people a chance to maybe, move up or indeed change direction in their careers.
I can't wait to see his new film - 'This Is England', hopefully this Thursday I'll be off to view this film. I await with excitement and enthusiasm.

4 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

It's a cracker. Critics a bit divided as the script doesn't allow for enough character building but the young lad is amazingly good.

Aunt Jackie said...

Wow, this post strikes me odd in the fact that I too had a "cleaning spree" over the weekend. I had the terrible urge to go and organize... I do hope that it continues as I could use more of that.

Mania I understand...

Sara said...

@4d - yeah apparently so, so I've heard and he was a kid who waas on the exclusion register from school..bless his little cottons :)
@AJ - Must be the sunshine and the renewal time of the year eh? I am so manic at times, last night was sandingf the wooden floorboards down..what a mess, what a dusty throat I have today - moral= wear a dust mask otherwise I may be dead of some lung disease in a few years time ;-) x

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Caution belongs in the wind.