Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Reflection

Since my arrival back from being in the country and getting wide spaces to refresh my mind, it's given me the much needed strength to reflect about many things in my life. My reflection is somewhat introverted and staying that way because I feel it's the best for me, to be as such right now.
One things for sure, I realise that my life over the last 4 years or so, has been quite tough and I've had quite a lot to deal with really considering the fact that my Mum died too, at a time when I was also in some sort of my own suffering.

So, it's good to reflect and to make a mind's map about how I'd like the future to be for myself... These things are very much in my mind right now and indeed the peace and serenity I experienced whilst away, has brought much needed reflection and indeed hopefully a realisation of these things..

I've also been saddened to hear about the shooting of the students in the US, that is sprawled right over the news right now. To be honest, I can't bear to listen to it at the moment. I'm sick of hearing about all of the bad things that happen around us and I know it's a tragic loss and completely awful, but maybe I'm getting numb to hearing so much about death and violence. I also know the media will make a complete meal over the whole episode therefore I'm choosing to sit back and reflect about this tragedy...Interestingly enough, do they make as much of a frenzy over the innocent people who get killed in wars on a daily level? No they don't and it irritates me, oh so much..Guess that's what 'gatekeeping' is all about really. Gosh I sound so cynical!

1 comment:

FOUR DINNERS said...

I've sort of said the same in me last post. Last post??? Bloody hell I'm not checkin out yet I hope