Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Missing?

I miss you,
I do
I love you,
I know
I think about you
Always.
You don't want a...
Girlfriend
You say.
Maybe I'm just not -
girlfriend Material?
Not young
enough?
Too fucked
Up?
Too Fat?
Too manic?
Too mad?
Not polite
enough?
Not nice
enough?
Not quiet
enough?
Not pretty?
Not sexy?
Too fragile
Too soft
Too deep
Too scary
Too......
Or maybe..
You're too scared
To simply be.
To enjoy.
To love.
To feel free.
To feel worthy
To feel loved
To keep the blanket
of fear -
Wrapped around you
Tightly..
Nightly
Out of sightly.
Quietly
Do the rightly
Thing.
Isolating.

2 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Just be you. The right guy will want you as you are. If someone doesn't want you as you are he's not the right guy. Easy to say I guess.

Aunt Jackie said...

I totally agree with FourDinners... But yes, it is easier said than done. As women we always take everything personally, and always feel that rejection is because we're not good enough, pretty enough, skinny enough, sexy enough... It's not fair, and we deserve to realize how special we are...

Love the poem!!