Monday, April 16, 2007

Nick Drake Loveliness and Composting!

Don't know if any of you guys are Nick Drake fans but I've been recently getting into his stuff again, after years of neglecting him. I've even gone and ordered some of his old CDs from Play.com..cheap aswell, at a fiver a throw!
He was such a talented singer/songwriter/guitarist in my opinion, and had such an affinity with nature in his lyrics, I'm sure I once read that he was influenced by William Blake's poetry..I may be wrong but it'd fit the style of content of his lyrics, that's for sure.
It's sad that he died so young and indeed suffered so badly with depression. Saying that, although depression can be a negative, I also see it as a positive because I do feel it energises and helps the creative juices to flow in some people;indeed with regards to songwriting and poetry, words come from such a deep and dark place possibly unbeknown to those who don't at times, suffer depression, or a deeper way of thinking. I await his CDs with excitement.

I've also been a tad flippant, since my Youth Hostelling expedition last week, I've decided to purchase a kitchen composter! I gained this inspiration after seeing and using one at Edale YHA. It makes complete sense to purchase one cos not only will all of my food waste be utilised in a positive way, my garden and soil will benefit too! I can't believe that all food waste can be put into this magical machine and used for my garden afterwards! Great stuff. I await this little wonder with excitement too..

1 comment:

FOUR DINNERS said...

I'd forgotten he existed. I'll seak him out n have a listen. Name rings a bell. Sure I heard stuff I liked.