Monday, October 15, 2007

Beyond the Underworld

Wow! I went to see Underworld play at Rock City last night and they were truly amazing. I got goosebumps, felt like I had warm energy in my hands, felt hypnotised and wonderful by the whole experience!People were friendly and the atmosphere was to die for. If you ever get the chance, you really should go and see them, they are one of the best gigs I've ever been to!

This Saturday sees Highness Reggae night, always good and happy vibe. I've also received an extremely sweet email from my new Dutch activist friend, who's informed me about different things that are coming up soon.. He's only 24 years old but seems quite mature..he's been active in the Squatting scene in Holland and numerous other stuff which is all good and positive. It will be good to meet up again with him and the group he's involved with, all being well..

My ex and I have come to a really good space right now, we're getting on extremely well and he's being so very helpful, sweet, a true friend and a true understanding soul.

Life's feeling fantastic people..life in the light is something else.

Beloved? He's having his own bad times but it seems this is one reason why I find it increasingly difficult to be a friend to someone with whom you have strong feelings and shared intimacy with. Not easy and not good for me to hear about all of his personal stuff therefore I box and compartmentalise it away and try my best to ignore it. In my heart I want to be a good friend but it's almost impossible when feelings are still part of the equation. The fact that he actually introduced me to his then girlfriend, a few weeks back, made it clear to me that his feelings are no longer with me..and probably haven't been for a long, long time.

I think, in all of my heart, that men are completely scared and put off by the fact that I'm a single woman, bringing up two children alone and having a past. Men so it seems are threatned and embarrased by this. I say get real and stop living in the dark ages!!!!

No comments: