Monday, October 29, 2007

Worn Glove

Why do we waste our years
On one with whom we love?
When really we should know better
If the going's always tough.
For those who truly love us,
Want to spend time and years,
Instead you're left to cry;
Drown in sorrow and tears.
A new love, they search,
Of which you are never a part,
For they love another better,
Open wide to them, their heart.
The fool?
Left alone; empty.
Devoid of any love.
Thrown away; an object,
Tossed aside; old glove.
Glove that's seen shimmery evenings,
And sparkles that once shone bright,
The glove has lost it's sparkle,
Love has lost its fight.

3 comments:

Furtheron said...

As I've said before - poetry isn't really my thing but there is something in yours that rings with me.

Another beautiful heartfelt piece.

Sara said...

Thank you so very much. I guess it's just that my feelings have to be expressed through words because there is no other way of expressing them really; poems enable me to verbalise my emotional place.
Thanks again for taking the time to read them too
x

Aunt Jackie said...

I love poetry too, and I always like the feel of yours... makes me wish we were neighbors, and we could haunt the town this Samhain/Halloween! :)