Monday, October 29, 2007

Re-establishing my Danish Memories

I've been recently busy with finding out about where my friends and I are gonna frequent when we're over in the land of Vikings. Thus far, we fly to Kastrup, Denmark's Airport and then I've decided that we should catch the train rather than the tube to the city centre and head to a cafe bar for a few drinks to summon ourselves after out flight. I then thought it'd be a good idea to maybe walk to my mate's apartment in Frederiksberg - which is located right near the lakes, just outside of the main centre of Copenhagen;this will give my mates a good chance to take in the scenery and get familiar with the location.
In the evening, we're gonna head into the city for food and a catch up with my friends.
Thereafter, Friday we've planned to head into the Copenhagen for wandering and taking in the city itself and a visit to the The Glyptoteket museum of modern art, Christiania and Christianshaven.We hope to loan the 20 kroner city bikes assuming they've not been locked away for winter.
In the evening, we plan to head to the Norrebro area (big alternative area where the recent riots occured concerning the closure of Ungdom's Huset)We hope to see some live music and experience the Danish DJs in Stengade 30..God knows what this night will bring.
Saturday? A visit to Louisiana and for me, a visit down the coastline to Karlslunde to see my son's family and eat with them..
In the evening, a chilled one as we have to get up REALLY early to catch the plane home..
Sa folk, jeg glaeder mig meget til at besoge Danmark igen og taler Dansk med venner igen. Horrah!

2 comments:

Furtheron said...

Never been to Copenhagen.

We went on a family holiday to Denmark when my son was small - about 4 or 5, before our daughter arrived.

We stayed on a pig farm in the country - very flat. We went to Legoland which was the main reason for the trip as my son was Lego nuts as a kid and a really terrific aquarium that had huge sharks.

Nice place

Sara said...

Sounds like you had a good time out there. Norway and Sweden are where the hills and mountains start to take shape.. :-)