Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Temptation over Sensibility

After my ecstatic Underworld experience on Sunday, I've had a huge urge to go and see them again. My friend and I were talking about going to London to see them at The Roundhouse this Friday - luckily we've been sensible and refrained due to
a. Long weekend in Copenhagen in 2 weeks
b. Finances

I've been listening to their new album - Oblivion with Bells and I have to say, this album is fantastic, really excellent production and gives me goosebumps when I listen to certain tracks, especially Boy Boy Boy, Beautiful Burnout and To Heal. My own copy is on its way to me as we speak, I await with excitement and enthusiasm.

Next week is half term holiday for me, to which I'm tempted to sod off out of the city for a few nights and get into the good old country air for lots of walking..Always refreshes me completely and then the week after that, I have my late 40th celebration in Copenhagen. I can't wait for this, I'm extremely excited about getting back out to Denmark. My friend is excited and I'm trying to contact my old friend Frans but can't seem to find his email address.
Although my firneds and I have made no firm plans, we aim to
- Visit Christiania for drinks, walking and live music
- Head northbound, along the coastal area to visit the Lousiana art gallery
- I will head south to the coast to walk beach comb,see my son's father and grandparents and maybe share a meal with them
- Eat out
- Wonder and stroll around Copenhagen city, especially Nyhavn, Norreport area and Christianshaven
- Take lots of photos of what I never got to take all of those years ago
- Breathe in the relaxed and fresh air that Denmark offers
- Contemplate so many things and try to find closure on some level which I'm sure will bring tears to my eyes.
- Walk in Bakken Forest, all being well.
- Enjoy the scandinavian autumn.

The world will feel wonderful when I'm out there, so much so, I doubt I'll want to come back but only to be with my kids and friends...

2 comments:

Furtheron said...

I have two days holiday next week - so spend with the kids. But the bathroom needs painting and...

I wish I could manufacture time.... or clone myself.

Aunt Jackie said...

Sounds amazing! We're heading to Hot Springs this weekend, so I'm in the holiday spirit myself!

Have fun!