Thursday, October 04, 2007

Out of nowhere?

So he texts,
Wonders how I am,
What I'm up to..
And we talk,
And I laugh
To which he gets paranoid -
Always paranoid.
But endearingly so.
I laugh because my mind wonders
Takes me to that night -
what a night.
Deary me, heavenly insight,
Hard exterior,
Boiling interior; Icelandic spa!
Heats up so far..
Mind wondering whilst in my meeting,
Wanting to text but feel like I'm cheating..
My professional role -
Can't end up on the dole!
And I think about that night..
Mid September -
Scared, excited, wondering, remember?
What does he look like?
I can't remember???
Then I remember why I softened,
Lovely smile -
Sweet and open;
the door to his heart, can it be broken.
Even though I fear he's shady,
Cagey, ragey - oh yes
This I know.
He told me so.
Doors and holes -
And anger and coals.
Light red hair,
Shouldered and shiny,
Fresh and clean,
Tall and smiley.
And I ask of him
The following morn
'Let your hair lie
Adorn your face',
To that he gives a sigh
Tries to pass it by.
But then out of nowhere,
He lets his locks tumble,
Before I leave,
His heart on his sleeve,
Locks do fall, cradle his smile
I waited all night -
It was worth the while,
Where will the text lead?
God only knows..
Time will decide
He'll no doubt confide.

2 comments:

Furtheron said...

I'm not normally a poetry sort of person but there is something in all yours.... you are so open and honest and they just lead me in and I get so engrossed - I'm almost sad when I get to the end - thinking. And? And? Go on what next?

You really are very good at writing

Sara said...

Thank you so very much for your comment - It's really touching to hear how my writing affects people.
I guess it's sorta like having a lack of self belief in how good my writing is and then when others point out how much it touches and moves them, I realise it must be pretty good!
Thanks again :-)
x