Sunday, October 14, 2007

Key to the Past

And so I sort
Through my belongings,
My purse,
The purse, you said;
"It's nice"
You liked -
Black and white,
Flowery,
Hint of Japanese?
Now the purse is
Dour, dull.
Then I find,
That card;
Bent, no longer crisp
Or hard,
Time has softened,
Colours reaaranged,
White to cream.
Your writing,
Small and fine,
Scrawled, exciting.
Excitement.
Those few years ago,
End of winter
Beginning of spring.
Heart aswing,
Passions anew.
I savoured that card-
With all of my heart,
That writing,
Those numbers,
The key to where
I'd find you,
Where we'd talk
Share,care,
Run, walk,
Desire, Love;
Specialness,
Memories;
Key to the past
Key to the heart.
Immortal card..

2 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Wish I had a few cards from '77 - '83 ish. Might remember what the hell happened then...

Sara said...

LOL 4D, this isn't your average card though, I might add. This was a business card that I used for someone I met to write their name and phone number on..I looked after that card and rang them the next day because I had to see them again. Shame they never fell in deep love with me..