Thursday, June 29, 2006

Festivals are upon us

Ups and downs, highs and lows, one things for sure, I'm getting excited about a small festival in a few weeks time. I love festivals - they're just the business!
Off to the Global Peace Village Gathering just outside of Nottinghamshire - Lincolnshire area. Still haven't got my shit together with my ticket but sending off for it tomorrow! Let's hope I'm not too late :(

Festivals are the spirit that keeps your heart beating through the summer months. Every festival I've been to has always had its special, memorable moments. Glastonbury first time in 94, was a memorable one for me, cos I remember seeing Oasis when they were just getting big. I also remember loving the dance vibe there, that year. I also loved to see all the fence climbers pouring over the perimeter fences. 94 was indeed a packed out year but the atmosphere was one to die for I can tell ya!! I also remember losing my sense of direction and for the life of me couldn't find my tent - it took me about 3 hours to find it.

Canterbury Festival 2004 was another fab memory - the dance tent was out of this world with a great line up. I spent most of my time on another planet, me and my mate drank the Sangria tent dry, even though we were stall holders!! We met some wonderful, friendly people that year in the local pub on the first night an remained friends with these guys right the way through the festival.

Glasto 2005 - What can I say? Blew me away!!The dance field was enormous and all of them beautiful flags blowing softly in the wind. The Hare Krishna tent was an emotional and enlightening awakening for me. I cried in there to the chants and the atmosphere!
Lost Vagueness? Wow - what a vibe, what a crowd, what a bloody great time - 6am and I was still up for it!

So I await the small, low key, local festival with the same anticipation and festival angst and energy, one always feels at a festival!

No comments: