Thursday, June 29, 2006

Strange Happenings

Just as I was about to go to bed tonight, I received an email from a very old friend from Copenhagen, Denmark. The last time I spoke to him was probably back in 1992!! I was shocked that he'd managed to track me down, although he'd been in touch with an another friend, who'd given him my email address.

The funniest was, he chatted about a guest book he used to have way back in 1989 and had come across it again and wanted to contact certain people from that period. Dear me, I remember clearly writing in that guest book! My writing went along the lines of something like this...

'Sailing down the river on a beautiful day, admiring all the sounds and sights around me. Thanks to my Danish friends for showing me such beauty'

This particular day I remember clearly..A group of us had decided to catch the train to a huge lake in Sorgenfri/Lyngby and hire out a boat to sail on and then go for a picnic on a small island. We ate, we played, we laughed, we dreamed, we drank, we shared our fears and our utopian thoughts...Indeed, this was a wonderful day and made me so happy to be living in Denmark.

This time in my life was wonderful;carefree, fun, happy, loving, sharing, exciting, creative and ecstatic at times. I'm so glad I experienced these feelings so early on in my life.

So, what's to be with my friend? Lots of catching up to do I reckon about our own lives, kids, families, etc etc, and a fair few giggles about how we may've changed, physically and mentally in our lives.

3 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Superb! Met a friend last year last seen at 16 years old. He'd changed but was still a good guy. He said "Shit! How the hell are you still alive??" Excellent reunion - although I don't think he has much memory of the evening

Sara said...

Yes, just so weird to chat with someone after such a long time..but great at the same and I don't think essentially as people, either of us have really changed that much.

Sara said...

Thanks for that Tom. Maybe I just should. :)