Saturday, June 24, 2006

Life's looking up

Well, it's been a better week this week and things are definitely moving up. I had a beautiful evening on Thursday and really didn't want the night to end..indeed my thoughts keep wondering back to this night, bringing a warm smile to my face and a glow in my heart.These sort of nights are so special and really tug at my heartstrings. The simplicity of sharing common interests, music, books, feelings and warmth with another, are what make life so worthwhile. I really hope I will relive a night like this again soon. Indeed I'd much rather share a night like this in many ways, than a mad raucous night out, getting wasted!!

Last night I went to see the Banco gig, which was great and as always, quite a spiritual experience. The visuals were really thought provoking and used wisely. In many ways, it's refreshing to see musicians using images with meaning and not just some 'psychaedelic trippy image'.
By this, I mean images that have a conscience; politics surrounding the oil industry, environmental issues, consumerism, religious and cultural tolerance, negative effects of the beauty industry on people and most poignantly, the future of life for humans on the planet. Questionning where we're heading as people and as societies in the future. All of these images really left you thinking about so many of these issues.

I feel like life's changing and positively moving at the moment which feels rather refreshing and exciting all the same.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Excellent Barnze! Glad you're liking it. It's one of the best things to come out of TV if you ask me - I love it!! You're in for a treat ;)