Sunday, November 26, 2006

Connections

Had a chilled weekend. haven't done a great deal but spent a fair bit of time at the cemetery yesterday, mourning my Mother and the year that's passed since her death. I cycled to the cemetery, which was a little testing as my bike is getting a bit worn out. The journey felt tiring but it also enabled me to shed tears as I was cycling. This strenuous activity mixed in with my grief, seemed to compliment each other. I also imagined times gone by, when people had life so much harder physically, than we have today. They must've shed tears about so many things.

Once at the cemetery, it was actually really relaxing to sit there, all alone, with no distractions and no speech but silence. I felt like I could've been in the middle of the countryside, it was just so peaceful. The trees' branches, mainly evergreens, Yews, blew softly in the wind and the sky was beautifully clear, with a hint of sunshine peering. I knelt at my Mum's graveside and shared my thoughts with her. I also shared my hopes and wishes.
The visit to her grave and my grieving did me the world of good and reminded me about how much we should enjoy life but that we should appreciate those who we love dearly.

I can honestly say, that I've never loved anyone quite so much as my beloved friend. Even a friend today commented to me, that the love I have for this person, is a lot stronger than any of my ex partners. I agreed.

I am also glad that I have this love, it doesn't threaten me, it feels simple in many ways but complex in others. I know that even if we never end up together, as is looking to be the case, he's showed something to me that has been so important. He's shown me a deep, emotional passion and sharing of minds that I've never experienced in my life. This is difficult to explain but it's to do with how people connect with each other on an intimate, emotional, spiritual and physical level. I know I was meant to meet him for whatever reason but one thing's for sure, I'm so glad that he came to me when he did, even though there's been sorrow and pain at times, I sort of understand why this has been the case. I've learned quite a lot about him too as a man and a person in his own right, which has been extremely good for me. So, all in all, I thank whoever it may be out there, for enabling the tracing of paths to those really special people, with whom we find the most beautifullest of connections with.

Have a peaceful Sunday out there.

No comments: