Saturday, June 14, 2008

An Easy Pushover

Long story but I'm thinking about the words Easy Pushover...

noun - Easy Pushover

A person who is easily deceived or victimized: dupe, fool, gull, lamb, victim. Informal sucker. Slang fall guy, gudgeon, mark, monkey, patsy, pigeon, sap1. Chiefly British mug. See wise/foolish.

Definition - A person who is taken advantage of.

My take on this? Why would people want to take advantage of others? If they were truly righteous, peace loving, kind people, they wouldn't even consider taking advantage of others. It makes me understand that the world and people's emotions are easily commodified and capitalised upon - capitalism is INGRAINED in people's psyches and the treatment of others - ie. Gain from others for own gain..
It makes me sick to my stomach in many ways and I want no part of this. The British mentality in many respects, is tearing me apart and I wish I could FUCK OFF outta here tomorrow..

Back to fucking bed I go!

1 comment:

Anders Enochsson said...

Hi Sara

You have a wonderful blog. Really insightful and fun words.

You got me thinking about an easy pushover. Comming from the home of social democracy (sweden) I really think they exist everywhere in different forms. British mentality semms to be very much focused on capitalism but I have found it's mentaly very honest also. In Sweden people simply don't speak about big unpleasant things. Denmark is certainly better. On the other hand the worst place is always the one your'e stuck in :)