Saturday, June 07, 2008

Happy Birthday to my lovely 21 year old Nephew Josef

Time eh? Remembering my nephew when he was a baby, lying in his cot to now? Him being taller than me and a man, a lovely sweet, grown up man. Today was a party for him to celebrate his birthday and how sweet to spend time in the company of my family. I enjoy these moments and events but as always, there's always a family trauma. Tonight's trauma was my 19 year old niece getting too drunk and falling out with her Mum, my sister. It's funny to observe these events, I felt sort of blessed that my life is the way it is now. My children seem happy albeit really cheeky and nightmareish at times. I don't feel any pressure anymore re. living with Jake's Dad. I used to hate being around him when he drank too much..he'd become abusive at times and to be honest, I found these threatening at times. As an aunt, watching my niece and npehew grow and develop is a delight..as is seeing my own kids.. My niece thinks I'm 'cool' and wishes her Mum was like me. I reminded her that my son probanaly wishes I my sister was his Mum. Children and their parents? A lethal mix at times especially during the teen years.
My niece has a sweet and caring boyfriend...he's a darling, treats her like a queen - as he should!

Observing these beautfiul moments puts life all into perspective and indeed, reminds us what we're here for and indeed how we connect with those with whom we love..

3 comments:

caroline said...

What a good read i find your blog site very intresting.

Sara said...

Hi Caroline,

Thanks for the sweet comment and glad you find the blog interesting - I do tend to ramble at times a bit toooooooo much but I do so love writing my feelings down..sure is a good way of dealing with everyday issues, emotions etc etc.

Thanks
:-)

caroline said...

Thanks for comment my blog has not been up running long your's is much better. I see you like poetry so do I. I will try to post some.

Family get together's are good hpe you enjoyed the 21st Birthday.