Wednesday, June 18, 2008

How the world turns....

What a lovely night tonight! I received a sweet phone call from my lovely friend Helen, we've arranged to go for a girly curry night in a few weeks. This will be good cos we can talk about her planned visit to San Francisco! I also received a sweet text from an old mate, who I used to work with in Homeless Hostels. We plan to meet up for coffee sometime soon and catch up with what's been going on our lives. Will be wonderful to catch up with him, he's a big fan of films and his fave film is Paris Texas! One of my all time fave movies too. Bumped into himn a while back in the city and had a sweet chat but not long enough to get to the meat and gristle about what's happening for him right now..

I also received an email from my dear friend Richard, who I knew way back in time..1980s, as it happens. He's now teaching on a BA Hons Photography course, amongst other things such as his Family responsibilities.

I love these connections with people, it makes me realise that I have some very dear, true friends out there who have been around for a long time and still have something in common. All good and genuyine in my books!

Tomorrow? Not sure what I'm doing as yet..but could do with a further nature injection..we'll see!

1 comment:

Furtheron said...

"Girlie curry" is that nothing hotter than a Korma... :-)

Photography degree course... might need to talk to him if my son starts this Physics course and has second thoughts. His teachers statement on his UCAS application made him baulk a bit... something like ".. he demonstrates a profound talent for the subject in someone so young."

But he can be a photographer in his spare time still and possibly go pro but tricky to build a particle accelerator in your shed