Friday, June 13, 2008

Facebook Frenzy, Death and Aquaintances

So a chilled day today really. Had a sweet conversation with my Line Manager about how I was doing and indeed, her reminding me to only come back to work when I'm 100% better! I can't fault the treatment I've received from her since I've been off sick from work, I dare say that not many managers would be as thoughtful and indeed, caring as she has been! I don't know when I'll return as yet but she reiterated that I need to be fully recovered to return..

I took a wonder to my local town and bumped into an old schoolfriend, who was my bestest buddy from the age of 14 - 19. We hung out allk of the time and went on a mad Ibiza, San Antonio fest back in the day - when we were 17 years old! Wild times indeed and very hedoniostic to say the least. She informed me that her Father had died this week, this really saddened me for her and made me cry with her...The good thing was, we've swapped numbers so maybe, we'l, strike up a friendship again..would be nice to meet up and find out how things are going in her world..

I then shopped a little, rang A and had a sweet chat with him but he was in bed and sounded sleepy but still, good to chat with him and wished he was in Nottingham, so that we could've seen each other..BUT he's being sensible and getting his head down with work which is all good for him.

Felt tired and a little nauseous today so thought I'd maybe chill out with a film - Dead Man's Shoes and a bottle of wine. We'll see what the night brings!

I've also spent time on FaceFuck as my mates and I call it..I've tracked down some old Danish mates so hoepfully, they'll be added to my account and indeed, keep in contact..as much as I HATE social networking, it's sort of cool to find old mates and bridge the distance and indeed years..In that respect FaceFuck, I salute you!

No comments: