Sunday, March 25, 2007

Burlesque





I went to a fantastic exhibition/demonstration last night with the the theme being around Burlesque inspired artists. Absolutely loved some of the work - truly gorgeous and uplifting. There was also a 'saucy' demo afterwards which made the night even better - gone are the days of this truly fantastic art form but I'm so glad to see its appearance again in modern day culture. The idea of women engaging in the act of 'classy tease' has always excited me, much more than the everyday images of women that are seen in many mags etc..I guess for me, women seem much more empowered and powerful in the Burlesque art form and indeed are cheeky, funny, erotic and don't bear all - leaving the onlooker to a sense of imagination. I can just imagine all of those years ago how much fun the populace would've had in old style music halls and the like, watching Burlesque acts - truly fantastic...It was weird getting semi dressed in Burlesquish attire and indeed wearing lipstick! I never wear lipstaick anymore- the last time I wore it was in my late teens - Blimey! Much fun was had though and it was good to see other folks who had made an effort to dress up..Fabulous!

1 comment:

Aunt Jackie said...

Looks like fun!! I love to dress up.