Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Intuition

I've always been interested in intuition, I actually think that I have a bit of a gift for being both perceptive and intuitive. I know some people think this is a load of crap etc, but I don't. Indeed, the many parts of the brain that were used by our ancestors, aren't used in the same way anymore, or indeed at all.
My evidence for intuitive thinking started years ago, especially when I started having relationships. I guess I became more emotionally heightened and switched on, so to speak.
Anyway, when I was 18 years old and had been living with a guy for a few years, the relationship broke up because as he put it 'he didn't know what he wanted and wanted to pursue other things'. At this moment in time, I worked in a clothes shop on a jewellery counter. I was distraught that we'd split up because I felt he was in many respects, someone that I guess back then, I hoped to be with forever. I went into a deep depression but managed to still work and find joy in my friendships.
Anyway, one day a woman came into the shop and looked at me and at that instant, I knew this woman was seeing my ex. This intuitive feeling was confirmed by my then lovely friend Richard, who was a friend good to both me and my ex.
The second time I felt this on a strong level, was when I'd been dating a guy for a few months back in 1994, after returning from Denmark, it was nothing serious as such but we were 'in a relationship' of a kind and spending quite a bit of time together. Anyway at this time we were both at college studying to go to university, me Sociology and History and Him, Literature and Computing. Anyway a large group of us hung out together and for some reason one day, I got a weird feeling that this guy was seeing my friend. A few weeks later we split up and I later found out that they had been seeing each other for a while. I got rid of the friendship with her immediately because she'd betrayed not only my friendship but also my trust.
The third time I experienced this was when I was teaching in a probation hostel, although the truthfullness of this, will never be confirmed.
I was sat talking to a potential new student, he was showing me certificates of previous achievement and the like. Out from nowhere, I got a really strange, weird feeling that this person was a notorius killer, who'd been locked away for years. This experience really freaked me out, to be honest, so much so, that I researched this person for early facial likeness. I will never know whether this was the person whom I thought he was because his identity has been changed and his identity is sworn to secrecy, due to the risk to his life by the general public because of the crime he committed ..This in fact haunted me for some time and made me wonder why I'd had such a strong feeling/hunch about it. Since then and over the years, I've had weird stuff about my ex and this has all come true.

The most recent feeling was whilst lying in bed with the person I love, a while back and dreaming about a situation or moreso, the feelings my beloved had for his ex.

I felt upset by the dream because
a. I was in the company of my beloved and didn't really want to mention it because it may've upset him and
b. I was worried that the dream may've been a warning, or indeed the truth and
c. It may've been all about my own insecurities, as we are guilty of having these!

I did briefly talk to him about this and decided to let it go, rather than getting all consumed in it.

Therefore I sometimes wonder whether we subconsciously pick up information on a deep level without really realising it, or if we're more open to believeing this information then maybe it's a sort of 'deep level of intuition and insight'.

I discussed intuition with my Yoga teacher and we both agreed that we feel Yoga and meditation, also opens the soul on a spiritual, or indeed cosmic level. I love yoga for this reason because I love spirituality and actually feel it's good to see the bigger picture, on such a level.
I really must get reading some more literature about intuition although I'd rather not force anything regarding this but just let it be and if the feeling is there then it's trying to tell me something, in my 'intuitivly charged opinion.'Blimey, what a long rant about the power of intuition eh?

No comments: