Monday, March 26, 2007

Something in the air.....

Is it just me or was anyone else in an emotional frame of mind last night? Around 10pm, a wave of emotion just hit me from nowhere and stayed with me until around 2am this morning. I wept, wept, wept, wept and wept again and again.I thought about my Mum, who I miss and who was always the person I spoke to about intimate, emotional things...she always had time for me and she always listened intently. I tried to speak to a freind on Saturday about something that was bothering me but she quickly rebuffed me, which in a way, upset me. I thought about the person I dearly love and the yearning I have in my heart for him.
I don't care about crying though, I see it as cathartic and indeed a reminder that I 'feel' and I'm able to 'feel. I like the fact the emotions allow us to do this because it does serve a purpose - it frees us of the blocked-upness we can sometimes feel when we feel sad, longing, loneliness etc etc.
I woke up this morning to puffy eyes and looking like shit. Luckily, women have the advantage of make-up to hide their piggy eyes when they've been crying, which for me, was a godsend today, I can tell you! I cycled into work and just to be out in the beautiful spring air was a reminder of how wonderful life can also be..
Anyway, now I feel lighter in my heart and my emotion.. the heaviness has lifted and the emotion all washed away for now. It did me good and I feel better for it..Hmm I just wonder if any of you out there felt an emotional rush last night?
Here's to a happy Tuesday and the week ahead, to which I look forward to..AND, I've even spoiled myself and bought season 5 episode of Six Feet Under - I can't wait to get my claws into that lot! Have fun people x

No comments: