Thursday, March 08, 2007

Lump in the throat





Today I've been searching Myspace for some videos to add to my site - films that I like and music videos. Anyway, I came across one of my all time favourite films - Cinema Paradiso.
Every time I watch this film, it makes me cry. Even watching the short video clip sent the tears streaming down my cheeks. I don';t know what it is about this film but it always does this to me and has done for years..in fact probably about 10 years or more! The lump just forms in my throat and the tears drop out.
I guess it is a romantic and nostalgic film really, but for me I love the fact that it's so 'human' and taps into the basic human condition;deep and passionate love, parental and friendship love, warmth, happiness, sadness, laughter, foolery, regret, imagination, dreams, sorrow, friendship, unity, mischief, etc etc - all of the things that we, as humans, feel and experience. I love the way it makes me reflect and indeed manages to silence, this firework brain of mine..

No comments: