Thursday, March 01, 2007

Happy Birthday Teenage Rage




Happy Birthday to my eldest son, who's 16 years old today! Scary thought indeed but also a strange time, in that he's becoming a young man now. I sort of wish in our culture we had more predomoinant 'rites of passage', from boyhood to manhood.
I guess in our culture, this consists of drinking with your mates, going to footie matches with your mates and all of those things that the male population as a collective of people, seem to do. Any of you men out there with other ideas for 'rites of passage' let me know please! :)

4 comments:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUDE!

And Sara, don't be deleting your myspace again you get me blud?

FOUR DINNERS said...

Happy Birthday. Drinking and football matches. What more could he ask for??????

Aunt Jackie said...

Happy Birthday! Just be safe and make it to manhood-- that's it! :)
Don't forget the rites of passage of girlfriends and such.

Sara said...

'Dan - that's what happens when I get cyberrrrrrrrrrrrage! But no, won't be doing that again in the near future ;)
@4D - Indeed, sad though as he wasn't brought up by a footie fan mum! I HATE FOOTIE although I'm becoming more open and understanding about its benefits to our yoof culture and indeed collective ways of being - If only every single protest attracted the likes of a Man U game! Sigh! ;)
@AJ - Yeah the girlfriend thing is still to come...apparently he never wants to get married cos girls take all of your money! Hmm I don't think so my little teenage rage, is my retort! x