Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Am I

Am I just an afterthought?
In the game of life.
Am I the mermaid at sea, caught?
Who lost her soul to love.
Am I the woman in the woods?
Surrounded by wolves about to cull.
Am I the one whose mocked?
Pushed around, forgot.
Am I the one whose missed?
Deeply in his heart.
Am I the one whose love?
Tears his soul apart.
Am I the one who warms him, each time he sees my face?
Or does he look at me and wonder.. what a disgrace.
Am I the one who echoes daily in his mind?
Or has he detached so much, all that's left is a mime.
Am I the one who beats, daily in his heart?
Or has he cut the cord, pulled the veins apart.

I miss beloved...

2 comments:

Furtheron said...

powerful words

FOUR DINNERS said...

Wish I could make it better.

Maybe the poetry will sometime eh?