Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Trying to see the light in darkness

I won't go into detail but I'm sad at the moment and I've had to make some heartbreaking decsions but they're all because of self protection and preservation. I've got to try to let go and step back. The decision concerning this didn't come lightly but was strangely on impulse and because I became very upset and felt very hurt.

Anyway today, whilst searching the Danish site of Christiania, I felt a jump of joy in my heart when I read that the Xmas market is being held up until the 20th December. This made a little light of happiness and joy switch on to read this. I remember going to this market many years ago, back in the Xmas of 1993, when I lived in Denmark. I remember how truly delightful this market was;held in the Gra Hall, darkness all around but lit up by candles and fairy lights, sooooo romantically beautiful and warm..The market sells all sorts of things, candles, handcrafted items, cakes, wines, decaorations etc etc, if my memory serves me right and there's also a distinct waft of mulled wine in the air! This has lifted my heart to picture the image I have from way back in the 90s and I greatly look forward to seeing and indeed experiencing this again soon!

I'm off to light some candles and reflect to some music..

1 comment:

Furtheron said...

Well I applaud you on your openess and honesty on here.

Good luck with it all - hope it plays out for the best. Which it will because whatever happens is what is meant to happen.