Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Good things come....to Sweet Sara

So I receive a sweet email from my Greenland friend Filip. What a lovely name, OK we have philip but Filip just looks and sounds nicer as a name. I am, to him, 'Sod Sara'. Now the Sod word, would normally have a line through it, which makes an 'er' sort of sound and the word sod in Danish, actually translates as 'sweet' not a sod! So No, I'm not a sod but a sweet Sara!! Confused? He told me it was a gift to meet me and that he had a happy and lovely time in the short time that we managed to chat..

So my friend was telling me how his kids have gone over to Greenland for the Xmas period and that he was really missing them. He's been a lone father for quite a while but has randomnly got back with the mother of the kids due to circumstances etc. He works in the Wind turbine industry, which you may or may not know, is s BIG industry in Denmark. Windfarms are EVERYWHERE!!!!! All good if you ask me..

So there we have it, a new penpal in Denmark who's a Greenlander! Interesting combination, interesting history and culture. Be sweet to keep in contact with him, he seems a man with a big heart and lots of respect for women.

Well, time to knuckle down for the solstice. A time of letting go of old, bringing in new...I wonder if this is what my dream symbolised the other day?
'I was in an ocean with four walls that had long crimson curtains hanging from them..i moved towards the walls to go through the curtains but then the flippin a;arm clock woke me up - BASTARD ALARM CLOCKS!!! I wanted to find out what happened when I came out of the other side of the curtains...maybe symbolism to leave the old behind? Death and rebirth? Maybe..who knows? My mate said maybe it symbolised the female genitalia..curtains being the obvious??'

Hmm I love my dreams and I love dreaming...Let go of the old and bring the new to fruition. Blessings to you all on the Solstice.

No comments: