Sunday, December 02, 2007

Jaded journey

I'm in a car with a person, a woman, who I do not know. She drives me through what seems like a large canyon, greyish in colour, desert like, but with the most amazing lake of the beautifullest colour jade you could ever wish to see. She parks the car and I walk to the lake's edge and breathe in its beauty, having an urge to dive into the depth of this jewel and let it carry me away. A motorbike pulls up with a female passenger, young lovers I guess, who are embarking on their loved life. They both step away from the motorbike and the female of the two, dives into the water and swims, he later joins her and they seem blissful.
We set off again in the car and end up in an old dark room, with lots of people playing old musical instruments. The atmosphere is beautifully serene.
I'm then sat outside looking up at beautiful old church on a very steeplike cliff, with a little girl playing close to the edge, my heart jumps each time she comes close to the edge of the cliff, for fear that she will fall off the edge of the cliff. The church is in of all places Derby..the beautiful place with the lake is 7 miles out of Derby!
I'm walking around my derelict workplace, old wooden desks, bureaus and an auction. I want the bureau and one of the desks that is covered in people's p[ast time graffiti.
My dream ends there.....

5 comments:

Furtheron said...

How the mind works?! You mention Derby my biggest brush with Derby (other than Derek Hales being my sons old football teacher) is that I worked for a company that had some work with another company based in Derby in a funny old building. I couldn't figure out why the floor was not level it was like a bunch of steps. Apparantly it had been built as an abatoir and therefore the floor was a "V" shape so the blood all ran to the middle into a drain. So everytime someone says Derby I think of - Derek and that moustache shouting at my son and then quickly that weird old building.

Sara said...

Tell me about it, I've been trying to interpret what it all means! Gosh the dream was as clear as water..
Interesting connection with Derby there, my connection with the place is teaching in a probation hostel and random gigs out that way in The Vic and The Flowerpot Pubs. :-)

Anonymous said...

I know the flower pot :0)

Aunt Jackie said...

Weird! I almost want to say that the girl, and then the young lovers, and these people in the dream each symbolize a different part of you... possibly... and at maybe different times of your life. I don't know-That's what I got slightly... but very interesting dream.

FOUR DINNERS said...

You have great dreams. No sex but otherwise...

Can I have some of whatever it is?

....please???