Thursday, December 27, 2007

Things that have touched me this week..

Watching a documentary about 'The Tibetan Book of the Dead'. The history of this text is fascinating and it was prophesised that a man would find it 600 years after it'd been hidden on the top of a mountain, between a stone structure. Indeed, it was found on the exact date of the prophecy! Fascinating history and fascinating content about how we shouldn't fear death. Indeed it describes the supposed stages that a person's soul travels through once they've died and in Tibetan Buddhism, monks guide the soul through these passages to rebirth. Extremely interesting and touched me greatly.

Listening to my new CD by Sigur Ros, Heim/Hvarf. Deeply touching, melancholic, uplifting, sad, joyous, all of the things that music should bring to the soul and heart. I keep returning to the belief that the lead singer has a voice almost parallel to Thom Yorke from Radiohead;talented, beautiful, quirky, eerie..

My niece asking me what the word 'Utopian' meant. She has a mind very much like my own; inquisitive, curious, adventurous, positive. And you might ask yourself why we wee discussing such a word? Well, I was discussing what I envisage a utopian society to be like. Most of my family ignore and indeed don't like to get into such dialogue yet my niece's ears were wide open..

My son laughing and asking me if he sould have something, he bowed and clasped his hands in true monk style saying 'Please your holiness?' Never in my life have I been called 'your holiness'. It made me laugh, it made me realise that he really has an affinity to the film Kundun and indeed, that when he wants his own way, 'your holiness' may help him get what he wants! Very funny and very touching!

1 comment:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Fear death? He comes near me 'n I'll rip his head off!

Happy New Year babe. Hope 2008 is a cracker for yer xx