Monday, December 10, 2007

Closing the path

I close the book,
The chapter of love,
Sorrow, friendship.
Heartache, painstake.
I close the chapter
On takers,
Taking my goodness,
My positivity,
And sucking it dry
For the benefit of others,
Their persona?
Unconditional yes,
But to what extreme?
Live-in an empty dream
Of nothingness,
Meaningless,
Delusions,
Empty conclusions.
I close my heart,
My soul, my giving
Me.
I open my eyes,
My heart for those -
Who see -
The real me,
Who love me,
Never judge me
Nurture me.
And if ever..
Another enters my life..
I only offer love to one -
Who truly cherishes me.
Who speaks the truth,
Not empty words,
Or insincere gestures.
I meant nothing.
NOTHING!!!
I now cut mt heart;
Essentially myself.
Let the pain leave -
A stream of sadness,
A path of broken veins,
Tired heart - broken in two
Forever.

1 comment:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Sorrowful but beautiful.

I'm on vodka what do I know?

Talented lady x