Monday, December 10, 2007

Love never left

So I sort through my files,
search for the letters,
Emails, poems, pictures,
That I saved -
For nearly 3 years.
And there they are-
Wrapped safely in the plastic wallet,
Of what would normally contain the traces -
Of work; Paper, writings, criterias, eveidences.
And there is my personal evidence,
Clear as a cold, wintery day,
Evidence of when we first met,
That first night,
Cold but bright,
How you first felt,
That first kiss
At the bottom of stairs
Inside.
Blew your mind
So you said.
The email proved it -
'Blew my mind - I'm saying no more'.
When I read those words
A wave of sadness
Overcame.
Such a shame,
That we never made something together
Of lasting love,
Fun, happiness.
What a shame that your feelings
Were never as deep
And sincere as mine.
Or was it?
For I remember you said
'You loved my smell'
Earthy - at that time
Worthy.
And you found my hair,
This knowledge with me
You shared.
Intuitively so, you cared?
What a shame,
You fell in love with others
And not me -
For an eternity.
For all I have left now
Are your evidences of words, feelings,
Paper, my hair, smell, which eventually -
Will fall apart to dust,
Nothing but rust,
And echoes of the love
That never left me...
So I gather the evidences
And place them carefully,
Away, lock them up
And vow to leave them be,
To live their life freely,
Words, feelings, all for the new found love,
Not me -
Sadly.

No comments: