Sunday, January 07, 2007

Ahhh Jeff Buckley

Hmm after a hectic Saturday picking my son up from the airport and partying later on, I have a need to listen to Jeff Buckley. I adore this singer...what a voice...
My, his music really does move me in so many ways. I especially love the Grace album .This album is just so fabulous, however the tracks that tend to really move my emotions are

Last Goodbye
Lilac Wine
Hallelujah
Lover, you should've come over
Corpus Christi

Beautiful, poetical lyrics and haunting tunes, so touching in fact, that they actually bring a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye, each time I listen to them..

Why did he have to depart this life at such a tender age? It makes me want to cry every time I think about it, especially after seeing a fantastic documentary about him a while back, with a good friend, Louise. We both had tears rolling down our cheeks as we watched the old footage of him...
May his soul and beautiful music, be all around us for evermore

No comments: