Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My, does my world feel like a good place this week

Apart from egomaniacs, my world is feeling like a good place. My kids seem a lot more settled, I'm going with the flow re:my job, I have a busy weekend lined up and I'm just enjoying life without emotional crap.
I'm loving my house and the peace I feel at night. I'm actually feeling like I don't need many people around me anymore. This is good for me. Indeed, many of my friends have fallen into steady relationships. I still thought we'd all have quite a bit of contact but it has to be said, that this has dwindled. Strange really how people put their all into relationships and drift away slightly from friendships. In many ways though, I understand this but also, I appreciate this; it's made me realise that I can be really happy without another person to fulfill me..I fulfill myself, my kids fulfill me, my job (mainly) fulfills me.
I'm liking the fact that I'm enjoying a solitary way of being again and indeed a lot more self-reliant on an emotional level. Not needing friends to offload to, liking who I am and enjoying the real simple things in my life. I'd actually love to go off on a retreat somewhere....a dear friend was suggesting this to me the other day and I reckon I'd love it...It won't be happening right now though..maybe later in the year. I'll have my own little retreat when I head off into the Peaks for further happiness and solace.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your good vibes rubbed off on me just by reading such satisfied happy words! I'm glad you're having a great week! :D

Smiles and Happy are contagious.

FOUR DINNERS said...

after 3.....1, 2, 3 "naaaa na na na na na na na don't worry be happy" :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry FourDinz, but that for a Punk Rocker is Sacrelige!!! lmao

Sara said...

Indeed it is! What about 'AGADOO, DO DO, PUSHER PINEAPLLE' BLAH BLAH BLAH! ;)

FOUR DINNERS said...

never heard the punk version then?