Monday, January 22, 2007

Awaiting.........

OK, so now I live a little more for the present, in some respects however, I do love to think about things I want to do in the near future. I have a week free from work in February and feel tempted to sod off to The Peaks for a few nights, whilst my son stays with his Dad. I'm thinking off possibly staying in a YHA place in Edale, or maybe a B and B if I can get a room. I could just do with some good, strenuous walking to start getting my body ready for spring time.
I'm also seriously contemplating visiting my friends in Mauritius. It's damned expensive but if I got my act together, got a new credit card - I reckon I could do it. I have until August to save and so far, I've managed to bank £100..not much but alot in my case. I know it'd be a chance of a lifetime to visit there and my freinds have assured me that it's right 'up my street' re. the culture out there. So, we'll see...
I'd love to do some European travel too and visit and old mate in Denmark but I'll hang fire with that one for now I think. If Mauritius doesn't materialise then I'll probably end up on a last minute whim somewhere. I'd actually love and indeed dream to visit Venice one day - it looks so enchanting! Better get saving the pennies, if I can afford to..I'll feedback to you the saving's progress in 6 months! I envisage 250 being the max - we'll see..

2 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

mauritius eh? never been but have a mate who has. very nice he says. he's a bit of a hippy. well, a lot of a hippy to be honest. really chilled and laid back. hope yer get there.

Sara said...

Sounds like ya mate had a good time out there. Apparently, people camp on the beach and there's parties til sunrise! Sounds like my kind of place. I'm determined to try and save otherwise I'm getting a no interest cresit card for 12 months and let the plastic be my financial friend. Looked at flights last night and they were bloody expensive! Gulp!!!