Tuesday, January 16, 2007

To teach is a therapy at times...

Waking up on this miserable, rainy day today, made me want to crawl back into bed and hide under the covers all day. Luckily I dragged myself out of bed ready for work. I had a good day teaching today and felt so appreciated by the students whom I was teaching; hardcore offenders who have a tendency to be extremely violent, yet who are as meek as lambs, at times. Funnily enough, I never judge these people - I take them as I find them. At the end of the day, they're still human beings to me and deserve to be treated with the respect we all deserve to be treated with. Anyway, the day was a good one and I came away feeling as though something good had been achieved, which had the effect of me feeeling happy! And we must remember that if people like Mr Zephaniah and the like, can prove to us that there is another way- a crime -free way, then that makes feel that work I do is invaluable to those who encounter the 'college' experience.
I've been invited to a few things at the weekend but waiting to see how I feel at the end of the week - if the sun shines, I atually feel like sodding off for the night, maybe to Derbyshire. If it stays miserable, then who knows. Saying that, there'a a retro clothing fair being held in Nottingham and I'd really like to go and see if I can find some interesting clothes/accessories.
Hmm I love retro/old and different clothing, much better than the trashy fashion one encounters in stores at the minute...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I admire you teachers, a couple of my neices are wonderful teachers, and it takes a special person to do it. Kudos!

AJ