Friday, January 05, 2007

Fear

What is it with people and fear of intimacy? I'm sure too many people in the world suffer from this. Is it that they don't trust people and are scared to let themselves go? Is it because they have too many insecurities and therefore don't want to be seen as too 'vulnerable'? I think people misunderstand me, I really do.
I think because I'm an older women, with two failed relationships, they think there's something inherently wrong with me. Or, I can't be trusted - I'm a harlot or some such!! Well guys, I'm afraid the reality is a wee bit more boring. I can be trusted. I don't care about insecurities, these can be worked on. I'm a truly giving person. I never imagined my life to turn out the way it has but there you go, it has and I have to get on with it. I was a 'young, hopeful' woman and mother once, who put her all into the men she was with. Sadly, these men didn't seem to know the importance of companionship, intimacy, romance and nurturing. It pisses me off at times but I try not to think about the past and indeed these previous men in too much of a negative sense.They are my sons' Fathers after all.
I've luckily, never managed to suffer from fear of intimacy. Well at least I don't think I have...Maybe my problem is that I'm too open and too forward. Maybe I'm too giving and too expectant too? Who bloody knows!

No comments: