Friday, January 19, 2007

Hmm..I despair sometimes

Had a lovely day today; Hair done, budget shopping for bargains - and bargains did I find. I bought myself a lovely pair of black boots and a gorgeous red and black skirt, that had been reduced in the sale. Lucky me- at a grand cost of under £30! Bloody bargain.
I enjoyed walking around the city and felt quite at peace with the world. I then went off to a cafe for something to eat and to read my book. Unfortunately there were no 'proper height' dining tables to eat at, which distressed me a little because I'd ordered soup and had visioons of me spilling it all over me! Anyway, to put a bit of a dark cloud on my day, I noticed a free 'proper height' dining table and moved ahead to sit at it. A woman and her boyfriend went to sit at it too. I asked if they minded if I sat there, as I'd ordered some soup and wouldn't be able to eat it properly, as I didn't have a proper table to eat at. The woman looked at me and uttered the assertive words
"Yes I do mind"
I stared an icy stare that would've froze her on the spot, if I had magical powers! Sadly, I don't bloody have magical powers. I sat and thought about this. I'd actually been in the cafe before her and the staff had said I could have the next available table. I thought to myself, some people are just so 'self interested' and so unthoughtful. For God's sake I could've used the table and then moved away from it afterwards.
So, apart from this despairing and loathing for humanity at times, the day's been a good one.

1 comment:

FOUR DINNERS said...

What an opportunity you missed!!! Sit there anyroad and slurp your soup. She'll either 'tut' or do something as a result of the slurping, at which point you get a large mouthful and apologise for slurping as you spit it all over her. Oh what fun I'd have had!!