Monday, January 08, 2007

The Giver of Stars

I love this poem so much. It reminds me about how I feel, when I'm with the person I love. I would hate for anything to ever happen to him, or for him not be a part of my life - even though sometimes, I've said to him that I find it difficult, after I've seen him.
I only find it difficult because of the yearning I feel when i leave him. I miss him when I don't see him.I miss him the next day and the days after, when I've been with him. I've always felt this way. I used to catch the bus home, from his old place and tears would stream down my cheeks as I left him.
Today, I'm able to cope with the emotion a little better and recognise that I need to keep a peaceful and calm state of mind because at the end of the day, I want to cherish each of the special, warm times I do share with him. These times are so wonderful to me.
However, when I reach the 26/27 day of my menstrual cycle, funny enough, I feel all emotional again! Anyway, this is for him..... because he is a giver of stars in my universe!


Hold your soul open for my welcoming.
Let the quiet of your spirit bathe me
With its clear and rippled coolness,
That, loose-limbed and weary, I find rest,
Outstretched upon your peace, as on a bed of ivory.
Let the flickering flame of your soul play all about me,
That into my limbs may come the keenness of fire,
The life and joy of tongues of flame,
And, going out from you, tightly strung and in tune,
I may rouse the blear-eyed world,
And pour into it the beauty which you have begotten.

2 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

beautiful. read it four times. very beautiful.

Sara said...

Indeed it is my friend.