Saturday, January 20, 2007

Are we destined?

I've been thinking a lot recently about whether or not, our life map is pre determined. Are we, indeed at the hands of some larger force in the universe, that maps out our paths in life? I really don't know.
I sometimes think that maybe our life is mapped out, then other times, I argue with myself about this. It's like the scenario when you just know certain things are going to happen. Like the times when you know the phone is going to ring. The times when you and a friend both ring at the same time - like you're on some level of consciousness, that is felt by both of you.
The reason I'm interested in this is because of the love I have in my heart.
The first time I met the person I'm in deep love with, was extremely profound for me. I remember spending ages talking to him and feeling as though I'd known this person for ages. I felt as though our minds were just completely on the same level of conciousness. I felt that we were extremely similar, in the way we described and indeed became impassioned, about things in life. I knew I had to see this person again and see him, I did.
Although over time there's been differing complications and ups and downs, the early part of last year, we weren't in too much contact however, in my heart, I knew he'd be in contact with me again someday. I can't explain why I knew this but it was just a feeling inside, that kept on surfacing.
I also know that when I'm in his company and having discussions, I often think about a phrase or a subject and he often finishes off the sentence, or indeed knows what I'm going to say next. I've never had this huge sense of connection with anyone in my entire life.
Therefore, I do often go 'off in my head about ideas and thoughts' regarding the universe and destiny and indeed wondering about whether in the universe and on the grand scale of things, certain people are meant, even destined to find each other, to complete the puzzle, or the missing piece out of the jigsaw, so to speak.

3 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

whoever mapped mine out must have had a faulty tom-tom ('cept for Caz n Jax of course)

Anonymous said...

Guess we're all of the same thought on that one... Who knows what mine was, thank goodness for some things and on others I wonder 'what the Hell?!?'.
Surviving nonetheless.

Guess everything has its reasons.

Sara said...

Yeah, I think everything does have its reasons and its purpose.