Wednesday, January 10, 2007

On waking..

My, I'm finding it hard to get out of bed in these dark, cold mornings. However, light becomes me and my mood, when I think about going to visit my loved one tomorrow night. In fact, I can't wait to see him. I'm feeling excited just thinking about it! My stomach flips and I look so forward to spending time together with him.
Anyway, I've started to read a book called The Awakening by Kate Chopin. It's about a woman who falls in love with a younger man and realises that there's more to being a woman, than the expected role of Motherhood and the male expectations,of what a woman should be and indeed what her duties are perceived to be. Bearing in mind, this book was written in the 1900s and thus, women's position in society and expected roles were very different than they are today, in many ways.
What struck a chord with me when I read a synopsis about this book was the need for passion and a sustained desire with someone. I can relate to the need for this so much.I don't know if all women feel the same depth about this subject but to me it's an important aspect of loving someone deeply.
I have such passion and desire for the person I love, that it overwhelmes and all consumes me at times. This is indeed, a good thing! There's nothing worse than feeling undesireable, especially if you are a passionate person yourself!
So, I 'm looking forward to sitting down with this book tonight, in the peace and quiet of my home and indeed, getting excited about tomorrow night..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang, sounds like I need to read that book. I've had more pains about this sort of thing than I like to remember. One in particular where my passion and love nearly ate me alive-truly left permanent burns on my soul... You're not alone in the deepness of feelings-I go crazy sometimes... just can't blog it all :(

FOUR DINNERS said...

hope last night went well. sure it did. x