Sunday, January 14, 2007

Beautiful Day

I woke up this morning, to be welcomed by the golden rays of winter sunshine and crisp air. My mood was one of contentment and freedom, freedom because my life feels as though it's letting me the person I once used to be. I met up with a dear friend in the afternoon at a cinema cafe, ready to go and see The U.S vs John Lennon.
I must say, I really enjoyed this film/docufilm in so many ways. The footage was put together so creatively and thoughtfully. The content also discussed Nixon's attempts and the FBI's at eradicating John Lennon's influence in the U.S at this time in history. It also showed excellent footage of the Vietnam war/Peace Protests and movement around the world. More romantically, it showed John and his dear love, of Yoko Ono; beautifully touching footage of them looking truly in love with each other. Coupled with all of these things, was his music and the effect his music had on many nations at this time. My friend and I were both deeply touched by the film and both shed a tear, quite a few times throughout.
Afterwards, we drank wine and listened to an acoustic session of John Lennon's music in the cafe, which made a touching addition to the eve.
I made my way home and waited for my bus feeling contemplative and happy with the world. A young foreign guy stepped off the bus, I was about to step on to, smiled at at me and asked, in what sounded like broken French, if I'd like his all day bus ticket for my journey. How lovely was that?
I smiled to myself as I sat on the bus ride home and thought to myself - What a beautiful day..

No comments: