Sunday, January 21, 2007

The joys of the weekend

Once again, I've had a lovely weekend. Saturday, I took things easy and read the paper. My eldest son went to see a Notts County match, which meant the whole house was mine again.My youngest son, was with his father as always, for the weekend.
I love being alone in the house, it gives me such a sense of peace and reflection. It lets me have the space my head needs right now.
Last night, I met up with some friends and went to a heavy 'dub reggae night'. What a wonderful night. The atmosphere was a really happy, friendly vibe and left me reminising about the beauty of the simple things in life; music, friends, nature -feeling like the world's a beautiful place. Again, I missed the person I love and wished he were with me but sometimes in life, you just have to accept things as they are and enjoy the times I do spend with him.
I walked home from the bus stop, which felt like quite a walk but it wasn't really (I was just tired, that's why it felt like a long walk.) I loved the stillness of the night. It was approx 4am and all around me was silence. No cars, no people, no business. Just me and my loving of the sights and sounds of nature around me; trees' branches were blowing and swaying in the wind, darkness was all around me except for the orangey tinge of street lights.
I love being out in the night when the world is so peaceful...there's something so magical and relaxing about it..
Today? I'm taking things easy..I was going to head into the city to a clothing fair but I'm a bit too tired to be honest, so I think I'll do something constructive as the day's weather has lent itself to this -like tidying my garden on this beautiful, sunny day.

1 comment:

FOUR DINNERS said...

nice to see a young lad support his local team instead of Man Utd or Chelsea. Oldham Athletic personally.

There's a canal near where I work at Heathrow. Some night shifts I wander over at about 4 am. Course there's never total silence round an airport but there is near the canal. A large rat sat and stared at me one time. In the end it sat within a foot of me and we both sat there in silence for about an hour. Communing with a rat was different anyroad.